Google

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Riddles

Riddles:

What is the opposite of opposite?
Ans: Oppostand

Third of life is the first of you.
Fourth of the second is double of you.
First of the last is the last of you.
Find it & tell me what are you.
Ans: Fool

Why is the river so rich?
Ans: Because it has two banks.

What question you can never answer “yes” to?
Ans: Are you asleep?

When is an apple not an apple?
Ans: When it is a pineapple.

What do cows read to their children at their bed time?
Ans: Dairy tales.

Water cannot wet me, fire cannot get me, who am I?
Ans: Shadow

What is the smallest room?
Ans: Mushroom

It starts with T, ends with T and is full of T. What is it?
Ans: Teapot

What is that which is taken from you before you get it?
Ans: Photograph

What falls on water and never gets wet?
Ans: Shadow

What is that which belongs to you but is used often by others?
Ans: Name

If you look through a telescope and see 2 planets between 2 planets, in front of 2 planets and 2 planets behind 2 planets. How many planets do you see?
Ans: 4 planets

Mr. and Mrs. Shankar have 5 sons. Each son has a sister. How many people are there in the family?
Ans: 8 members

She is the daughter of the only daughter of my father’s wife? So she is my?
Ans: Daughter

Yesterday I defeated the only brother of the daughter of my grand mother. So whom did I defeat?
Ans: My father

It’s in the sea
It’s in the earth
It’s in me but not in you
Peter has two Paul has none
The elephant has it in front
The crocodile has it at the back
But the poor parrot does not have it at all
What is it?
Ans: The letter “e”

You throw away the outside, cook the inside, eat the outside and throw away the inside. What is it?
Ans: Corn

When does “B” come after “U”?
Ans: When you take its honey.

They have tongues but they don’t talk. You tie them up when you go for a walk. What are they?
Ans: Shoes

What did the mathematics book say to the calculator?
Ans: I really have a lot of problems, so I am counting on you.

Name the alphabet that makes a buzzing sound?
Ans: The letter “Z”

Name the alphabet that forms a large water body?
Ans: The letter “C”

Name the alphabet that forms a part of the body?
Ans: The letter “I”

Name the alphabet that forms a row of people?
Ans: The letter “Q”

Name the alphabet that forms a question?
Ans: The letter “Y”

Down the road I merrily whirl
Without a care in this sunny world.
But oh! – the minute I come to a stop
I fall to the ground, fall down with a flop.
Ans: A bicycle

Look, the moon is sailing past,
Spreding lots of silver dust.
Night goes by
The golden ray
Comes and sweeps the dust away.
Ans: Dew

Leaving the fleece of foams,
Little sheep hurry home.
Now they step on to the shore,
Sigh and die
They’re no more.
Ans: Crest of waves


Try turning the tables on these teasers

A table that is good to eat
A table easily annoyed
A table that will bring good results
A table that is useful
A table that one cannot avoid
A table that is pleasant to the taste
A table that will suit any purpose
A table that is likely to stay in one’s mind forever
A table one cannot copy
A table that gives relaxation and ease

Answers:
Vegetable
Irritable
Profitable
Suitable
Inevitable
Palatable
Adaptable
Unforgettable
Inimitable
Comfortable


Spell YYURYYUB
Ans: Two wise you are, too wise you be.


Spell ICURYY4ME
Ans: I see you are too wise for me.


Spell extra wise in two letters
Ans: YY (2Y’s – too wise)


Can you spell electricity in three letters?
Ans: NRG (Energy)


Which is the longest word in English?
Ans: Smiles (The distance between the first letter and the last letter is mile.)


Which seven letters did the boy utter when he opened his cash box and found nothing in it?
Ans: OICURMT (Oh! I see you are empty.)


What 5 letter word has 6 left when you take 2 letters away?
Ans: Sixty


What is the center of gravity?
Ans: The letter “V”


How do you spell “WE” with two letters without using the letters “W” and “E”?
Ans; “I” and “U”

No comments: